What Jesus Saw From The Cross
Never has there been spiritual reading as powerful as What Jesus Saw from the Cross, the book that will intensify your love of Jesus by burning the events of His Passion into your memory and imagination.
Written early in this century by Rev. A. G. Sertillanges, a priest who lived in Jerusalem, this acclaimed devotional classic gives you vivid and dramatic details not included in the Gospel: With Jesus, you'll be jostled by crowds as you enter Jerusalem, choke on the dust of the narrow streets, experience the exotic oriental smells of the city at festival time, share the Last Supper with the disciples, stare into the face of Jesus' accusers, and be there as He dies on the Cross.
Do you remember when Jesus begged His disciples to "watch one hour" with Him in the Garden of Gethsemane? With this book, you can watch not just one but many hours with Jesus.
Read it slowly and prayerfully. The vivid details and the gripping narrative will soon take over: you'll find yourself engaged in a personal retreat, an interior pilgrimage, and a profound meditation on the love and sufferings of Jesus on the Cross.
From Christ's Cross, you'll:
- Recall with Him the history of His people, while gazing lovingly on Mount Zion the "City of David" cradled within the walls of Jerusalem
- Search the faces in the crowd below, finding there the malice of enemies, the dismay of friends, and the indifference of so many others
- Find comfort in the tender love revealed in the sorrowful face of His Blessed Mother
- Look across Jerusalem to the Mount of Olives, the road to Bethany, the Upper Room, the Garden of Gethsemane . . . and remember with Jesus the holy deeds He performed in each of these places
- Recall the forty days in the desert, the marriage at Cana, the baptism by John, the calling of the Apostles, and the other events of His holy ministry, now brought to fearful consummation on the Cross.